Wargaming Force Design Modelling and Simulation RFI
This Wargaming Force Design Modelling and Simulation RFI seeks responses to the questions (see RFI Section 6), as well as information regarding the availability of qualified businesses capable of providing the described services.
Due Date: October 4, 2019 by 12:00 PM EST
Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC) (specifically Program Manager Wargaming Capability Force Design Modeling and Simulation Integration, Portfolio Manager (PfM) Supporting Establishment Systems (SES)).
Program Manager Wargaming Capability Force Design Modeling and Simulation Integration is conducting market research via the attached RFI. This RFI intends to focus/inform Marine Corps Wargaming to support Force Design in support of the Commandant's Planning Guidance (CPG) of 12 July 2019.
SCOPE (RFI Areas of Interest)
- Force Design Modeling and Simulation Prototype
- Industry Review and validation of the attached excel workbook containing a list of models and simulations found by the USMC to be relevant.
- Industry answering the following:
- Are there any additional modeling and simulation tools that may have been missed in the attached workbook? If so, what are they?
- Are there any duplication of capabilities across the list?
- What is the viability of integration for each respective tool in creating an immersive, integrated wargaming prototype?
- Force Design Analytics and Assessment
- Integrate analytical capabilities into #1.
- The analytical capability must support the ability to reasonably substantiate investment decisions within the Marine Corps.
- Wargaming Capability Integrated Prototyping and Follow-on Production
- Efforts 1-2 above will inform this effort from a capability requirements and lessons learned perspective.
- It is anticipated that the follow-on Production Contract will be awarded under the authorities of 10 U.S.C. 2371b.
Responses to this RFI must be submitted in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format to MCSC_PM_WGC@usmc.mil not later than 1200 local time, Quantico, Virginia on 4 October 2019. Please place "Attention: Response to RFI for Force Design Modeling and Simulation" in the subject line of your email. See RFI Section 6 for the list of deliverables.
On or about 29 October 2019 Industry Day to be held at Quantico, Va. Exact time and date to be released in amended RFI.
RSVP NLT 18 September 2019, with # of attendees, due to MCSC_PM_WGC@usmc.mil. Please place "Attention: Industry Day RSVP" in the subject line of your email.
Questions about this RFI should be submitted to MCSC_PM_WGC@usmc.mil not later than 1200 local time, Quantico, Virginia on 18 September 2019.
The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this RFI, or to otherwise pay for the information requested. No solicitation exists at this time. This RFI is solely for gathering information and is not a Request for Quotation or a Request for Proposal (RFQ/RFP).
DownloadDownload Program Manager Wargaming Capability Force Design Modeling and Simulation Integration [Word]
Download the Force Design Modeling and Simulation Integration Attachment [Excel]
About the Marine Corps
The United States Marine Corps, also referred to as the United States Marines, is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for conducting expeditionary and amphibious operations with the United States Navy as well as the Army and Air Force. Visit https://www.marines.mil/ to learn more.